Sunday, November 28, 2010

Metacognition- Get organized

I decided that for my organizing project I was going to clean my room. I have had piles of clothes lying all around my room and everything has been in a complete jumble. I had been having problems finding things for the past week as well so it seems like the right thing to organize.

Before I started I definitely was not excited. Having to get up and actually do something seems so annoying and tiresome. Once I finally got up and got into cleaning everything seemed to come much faster. After a while it actually became kind of fun. I shut myself in my room and cleaned everything. Sometimes i even found interesting things, like an old collection of clay dolls I made when I was little.
Once I had finished I felt very accomplished. I mean, cleaning a room is a pretty big deal!

My head felt much better, as if I had organized it instead of my room. Everything now had a place and I knew where that place was, felt good.

Cleaning my room is always the last thing on my list but now I know that as much of a hassle as it is- it does help. It cleans up your head and makes it easier to think. The amount of clutter in my room had affects how my head was, now that everything was organized in my room- everything seemed organized in my head as well. It also lets you think during the process of cleaning. I came up with lots of good ideas while cleaning- sadly I no longer remember them but at the time, they were very good.
Definitely will make cleaning my room a weekly event.

No comments:

Post a Comment