Thursday, November 18, 2010

Change of mind: Living forever

Never ending life always seems to be desirable, something that we want but can never reach.. Now people are saying that it possibly is not impossible.. maybe we can live forever.. so now we think. Would it work? Would we want to?
I always thought I would want my family and I to live forever. Never having to face the sad reality of losing those you love but now I keep thinking about it and it does not seem as appealing anymore.
I think that there is only so much that can be done in your life and that there is a point where you complete everything you wanted to and then pass. Having no choice to die, having to stay alive forever even after you completed what you wanted will get old. I would not want that to happen so therefore I would rather set the age I live to. Not eternal life, just as long as I need to complete what I wanted.

Another problem I thought about when thinking about eternal life was- where would we find all the space to sustain everyone? The population would only grow therefore meaning that we would need more supplies and more area to sustain everybody.
Eternal life seems as a good idea when just thinking about a couple of people; once you start looking at everybody who will want to live- you only see that soon enough there wont be much room for anyone, causing us to have to move to other planets.
I don't know the answer to the question "do you want to live forever" because there are reasons I want to and others that make me think I don't. Before life is eternal there need to be ground rules set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment