Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Metacognition: QE Essay

Throughout the time I spent writing this essay, I noticed my usual thinking process come into my head. I started to use my usual metaphors and type all at one time. This time, it didn't fail me. My metaphors kept flowing in and they created a much more interesting read.
Even though the metaphors helped, I think the thing that was best about my essay was the paragraph about my painting. It definitely related only to me and set a voice of individuality to the essay. I struggled throughout the whole essay to try to make my "from my voice" and in that paragraph I felt that I succeeded the most. Not even was I able to illustrate the situation from a linguistic point of view, but I was also able to visually show what I was talking about by adding a picture.
Overall I think the essay turned out as a success, only thing I struggled most with was transitions. For some reason my brain likes to come up with metaphors yet when it comes to transitioning from one paragraph to the other- it reaches a blank. Poor brain, hitting its head against the wall. I think even looking through transitions that people use will help, yet sitting down and looking at those is going to be hard. Procrastination! Gets us teenagers every time. I will try to sit down and search the internet for some good transitions to wow you in my new essay.

No comments:

Post a Comment