Sunday, October 24, 2010

Carry it forward: Shadow Catcher

The novel, Shadow Catcher, carried the belief of Complexity throughout the novel. This made me think about the complexity in our 21st century lives which also connected to our sculpture project. We never really realize how complex our lives really are, and why they are so. The book made me think about why our lives are so complex. I came up with a list

  • School, which includes class work, homework, and supplementary projects
  • Work, takes time away from school work making that take much longer
  • Art, also part of school but is always put into last place, taking the only free time I have left
  • Parents, they need attention too and when we are parents we will crave that attention as well
  • Boyfriend, and friends all crave attention. Yet, going out with them is partially for us as well because we we were not able to do so we would go crazy.
These are the major things that fill my life and i often get caught up in all these things. After reading Shadow Catcher and understanding that I am not the only super complex being out there, I've got a plan. 
I'm, going to try and plan my day a little better. Setting time aside so that I will able to give time to my parents, boy friend and friends, and still have some time for myself.
My trusty assignment notebook will finally be used!
Overall, realizing why our lives are as complex as they are and seeing that we are not the only crazy ones in this world; definitely eases the soul. I will carry this new found idea into the future by planning more and trying to rid myself of at least a little complexity. Slow my hectic life down a little, oh! and, SLEEP! 

No comments:

Post a Comment