Sunday, October 31, 2010

iMedia: Photo realistic Portraits, Alyssa Monks


Throughout my whole painting and art career photo realism has been my goal. These paintings absolute amaze me. The ability to recreate a photo from scratch in such detail that people question which is the actual photo, fascinates me. Before writing this blog I went searching for photo realistic art and found this artist. Alyssa Monks. In about five seconds, I fell in love. Her art is so realistic, every single highlight is correcting placed. Every pore on a persons skin. These are only three of her works, but they continue. 

Look at them, they're pretty remarkable. 
Being able to make such work takes lots of practice and years of failure. I am still an am-mature, yet I hope to one day be able to create huge pieces that people question. I want to hear people walk by and say, "Is that a photograph?!" and then be astounded when they walk up close and see the brush strokes. 
Oil realism is only one type of art that is able to be recreated like a photo. There are many others, you just have to sit down and search. 
Bic Ball-point pen
Scratch board and ink
Colored Pencil
P.s. After writing this I went and searched more to find photos of other types of realistic art and found that Alyssa Monks was the artist that shocked me so much at Art Chicago. Last year on a field trip we went to art Chicago and there was a painting, huge, took up the whole wall and I stood, mouth wide open and couldn't believe my eyes that it was really oil paint. This was it.

No comments:

Post a Comment