Thursday, May 5, 2011

Inconvenient Truth: Senioritis

So! This isn't really something huge that everyone has been debating but it definitely rubs me the wrong way. SENIORITIS= seniors don't want to do anything anymore and have lost all want to work in school.

Alright, it happens, yes, senioritis does hit! But then, the false statements of all the seniors last year screw us over! We definitely DO have work to do senior year and we CAN'T just cruze on by! If you have no academic classes then maybe, just maybeeeee you can see the real beauty of senioritis. This whole year I have been working my but off and complaining about it the whole way through because I am a senior and as a senior I am supposed to get less work than before! Tough luck! I've had same amount if not more work this year, than I had junior year, which is supposed to be the hardest year of high school. So seniors of last year, I'd like to tell you to stop telling lies because senior year is not just a cruze of fun, it requires work and time! Hopefully these last 16 some days of school will finally let me enjoy my senioritis.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA, Wow. I am right there with you. But I am blessed with only having one academic class, but I'm working two manual labor jobs so I have other stuff to think about other than school related topics. I too have been working my butt off but just in a non-academic way. I believe senior year is the hardest year for everyone one because we are all trying to see what is and isn't needed in our lives because we are about to make a huge adjustment that everyone is not comfortable with until they get there. I do believe the seniors last year had it "easier" because of the major crack down on rules and more rules placed upon us because of their stupidity. Senioritis is a sickness that needs treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree that "senioritis" does in fact, exist. I always believed that this disease exclusively affected seniors that didn't really care about school. WRONG. I can honestly say that it's not about passion or dedication at all, it's about endurence. All the time spent in highschool up until now has just been preparation for these last few weeks; the teachers have taught us how to work in hard conditions, now we must utilize it. We must endure a little longer, and not fall into the cliche of seniors that simply "don't care."

    ReplyDelete