Sunday, May 1, 2011

Best of the week: TED presentations.

I spoke in my last entry about how interesting it is to see how differently people view the world; well the TED presentations are just another place where this can be seen.
Everybody chose a topic that was interesting to them that talking about something that would help sustain life from here on into the future... When choosing my topic I knew that I wanted to do something that would be interesting  to me, so right away I went and looked at more artsy/computer things and found Siftables! At first I didn't know how they would help "sustain life," but after pondering about it for a while, I came up with a way.
This week my eyes were opened by how many different things people find interesting. There were presentations on things I would absolutely HATE to write about because it is just not for me... while for the people who were doing that project, that subject was interesting and enlightening.
We are all taught the same things in high school, but then, when it is finally our time to step out and do something with this knowledge, we all choose different paths. Maybe it's pre-destined that someone will work as a doctor, or maybe with computers or even with plants... or maybe we decide our fate by the environment we are surrounded by. Every person's story somehow imprints on their life. Finally out of high school, we get to get a glimpse at this imprint.

No comments:

Post a Comment