Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Blogging around

From Me to Debra's Entry of Captured Thought: Free Will.
Your entry made me wish I was in that class, it seems like a very interesting one. I also wish to believe that we have free will but I think that our free will is very limited. Past our simple choices like "to go to the bathroom or eat some food," everything is influenced by something else. We choose to do something but past that someone influences us to make the decisions we end up making.
I feel that "freedom" is just a word. In reality we are far from free. Every action that actually matters is somehow limited. The bill of rights are even limited when they actually matter.
I feel that even in classes where we are supposed to have the freedom to say anything we want, we are limited by the teacher and their opinion. Many teachers shut down our opinions because they think that there's is more important.
A Response to Lizzie's Metacognition: First Semester.

I took humanities for the opposite reason than you did but I definitely agree that it opened up my creativity as well. I admire your want to take a more difficult class for you to explore the other part of your brain that you usually don't use, for me, I use my creative brain all the time but in the end of junior year and the summer I had a lot of trouble with creativity and coming up with my own ideas; this class opened up my mind and let me create new things instead of just taking from others.
I agree with you that the Mindbook was probably the best part of the class. It opened up my mind and let me explore assignments completely lacking in boundaries. That helped my mind the most.
I just wish the class was as easy going as it is now, the whole year, instead of being so tight-knit and 50 projects at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment